Sunday 9 October 2011

R.I.P. Harry

Last night I shed a tear for a stranger when a brave young man lost his fight for life. At 11 years old Harry Moseley from Birmingham died from a brain tumour, having been in a coma since August. I never knew or met Harry, and only started following his story a few weeks ago, but there was something about this remarkable young man that made me wish I had known him.

After diagnosis four years ago Harry set about helping others and single handedly raised over £85,000 for brain cancer research by fundraising and selling hand-made bracelets. He shared his story with us on Twitter, and when he wasn't able to go on line himself his family continued to keep us up-to-date. Last night they had the sad task of relaying the news of Harry's passing.

Harry, you were an inspiration and you were respected worldwide for the way you dealt with your problems. You deserved better from life. Rest in peace lad.

No comments:

Post a Comment