Saturday 14 January 2012

Back to two steps back!

Friday 13th lived up to its reputation as far as I'm concerned. At my pre-chemo appointment it was good news bad news from the oncologist. The good was that as the wound on my side was cleaning up very well I didn't need to take any more antibiotics. The bad was that as the wound was still quite open chemo would have to be suspended for a further two weeks as it inhibits healing.

So, added to the previous two weeks that's a month delay. In view of this there might be a seventh session, which would take the finish date to mid March. The only good thing is that they're planning a scan to see how things are going on.

Not sure that I want to know until the whole course is completed . . or do I?

Anyway as a great believer in every cloud having a silver lining, with no chemo or antibiotics for two weeks I have the chance to indulge myself and take a few cans of draught Guiness and the odd bottle of Stella Cidre into my system. Purely for medicinal purposes, you understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment