Thursday 12 January 2012

Some good news at last

Nothing to do directly with the cancer problem, but good news just the same.

When I had my first operation in November 2009 I came out of theatre with a brachial plexus injury with damage to nerves in my right arm and hand. I still have symptoms of this injury today. After a while I consulted a solicitor with regards to lodging a claim for negligence and today, after many tests and reports compiled from my medical records by independent sources, I have a letter which states that it has been decided that I have a good case, and a claim for medical negligence has been lodged with the local NHS trust.

I'm not getting carried away, but I must have a reasonable chance of success or the solicitors would have not taken it on a "now win no fee" basis. The hospital trust has four months before they have to respond so I don't expect a quick resolution, but it's good to know that things are moving at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment