Friday 27 January 2012

Onward and Upward - or Backward?

Well that's it. Me and January have finally fallen out. It's been an absolute crap start to the year, and I'll be glad to see it go and February take over.

Today I went to the pre-chemo clinic hoping to start back on my course, but my temperature was over the dreaded 37.5 and the wound on my stomach is still a mess. I'm having to have it cleaned and dressed every 48hrs, and until it's fully healed the doc won't take the risk of resuming treatment. So, it's another fortnight delay, the first week of which will need yet more antibiotics.

I'd had three of of six fortnightly chemo sessions, but by the time I get restarted the gap will be such that I'll have to start the whole series over again. So the chemo that should have ended this week will now go on until near the end of April at the earliest. With the ensuing recovery period things aren't likely to be back on track until the middle of the year, and that's assuming all goes to plan.

Yes, I'm totally fed up, so January - you can clear off with my blessing. February can't come quick enough. Let's hope I'll feel the same way about month two when leap day comes around!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Keith, delays can be such a horrible frustration. I had two delays but feel for you as yours is so long. Stay strong, youll get there. Need to be wel and strong to get to that finish line. Sending hugs to you and thinking of you xxx Joanne

    ReplyDelete