Tuesday 7 February 2012

The waiting is not good

My enforced treatment delay prompted my oncologist to take the chance to send me for a CT scan to see how things were going, and my appointment was the Sunday just gone. I wasn't too impressed with a Sunday appointment at first, and the fact that we'd had heavy snow the night before didn't help. However we reached the hospital in good time, there were plenty of parking spaces, and I'd had the scan and was on my way home before my actual appointment time. Perhaps Sunday visits aren't such a bad idea after all!

However having been happy with that, I'm now in the unhappy bit. Throughout all the trauma of the last 30 months I've managed to remain cheerful and generally positive, but once you're waiting for the results of a scan it's hard not to keep thinking about what those results will be. Having had only half of the prescribed course of chemo and a six week lay off doesn't help matters.

I find out on Friday and until then it's fingers crossed, which made typing this piece quite awkward!

No comments:

Post a Comment