Monday 30 April 2012

Nothing to Declare

Having received emails from two friends worried that I hadn't posted anything on here for a few weeks, I thought I'd better put that right. Problem is, I don't have a lot to say at the moment as all is going quite well.

Having got over the clash between my chemo and other meds, things seem to be on track. I'm still very weary from it all, of course, but that's about all.

We've just got back from a week in Newquay (the Cornwall one), so that's added a little to my fatigue, but it was well worth it. Despite the mayhem the weather forecasters threatened us with for the time we were there, we had sunshine for at least part of every day. Yes, it was a bit cool and we had some showers, but compared to the rest of the country we did exceptionally well. Thursday in Padstow was the best day, with wall to wall sunshine until around 4pm.

So as not to overdo it, we travelled as far as Gloucester on the Friday, finishing the journey the following day, and on the return leg we broke journey at Swindon. The only downside was that we drove home on Sunday through torrential rain every bit of the way, and when we got home the boiler had packed in.

A call to British Gas resulted in an offer of an appointment on Monday afternoon. No way, the house was cold and felt damp after being unoccupied in foul weather for nine days. So, I played the "C Card". Not something I do regularly, but I said that as I was undergoing treatment for cancer that wasn't acceptable. That did the trick, even though it was turned 11pm before the engineer got here. A new pump and valve later he left  just after 1am.

So, dear readers, thanks for your concern, but all is well, and I have no need for grumble mode right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment