Friday 4 May 2012

Spoke too soon

As soon as I put up a page saying everything was going OK, circumstances do an about turn and now all is not well.

Today was my day for blood tests etc. in readiness for next Tuesday's chemo session. It turns out there isn't going to be any chemo next week. My blood pressure was through the ceiling, my temperature was high, and my white cell count is so low it's bordering on the "let's have you in hospital" level.

Having allowed for the "white coat" syndrome to die down my BP was taken again and thankfully was OK, but temp and cell count are of concern. The problem is that apart from fatigue caused by not eating properly for a few weeks (I've lost 4Kg in three weeks) I feel and look very well, and I think that this is the only thong keeping me out of a hospital bed right now. The oncologist thinks the other problems may be due to an infection, so chemo is put off for a week to allow for a course of antibiotics - again.

All very frustrating, but I have to accept that the doc knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment