Friday 29 June 2012

One Day . . . . .

One day, something in this whole mess I'm going through will go according to plan. Today I went the hospital for my check up prior to starting the new treatment next week. I was looking forward to getting back on track and trying to do something to stem the progress of this terrible disease. What happened? Another delay, of course.

For the past couple of weeks I've had a humdinger of a cold, hot flushes, the works. My voice almost disappeared, and it set my eating and fluid intake progress back a while. The oncologist was quite concerned about all this so gave me a good check up and decided I wasn't quite strong enough to start. It seems I have thrush in my mouth/throat, and swabs were taken to see if in fact there was some sort of infection hanging around.

So, yet another promising day ruined. I ought to be getting used to these setbacks by now because I've had enough during the last six months, but each time it seems to knock just a little more out of me. Sometimes being positive is positively hard work, but what else is there to do? No giving in, but hanging in can be just as hard as putting up with everything else.

There's always next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment