Thursday 9 August 2012

Short and Sour

I decided not to write a deal about July because nothing much happened other than I was quite ill for most of it. Sometimes recording  the every day events prove useful to others, but months like July are just depressing. However something happened at the end of July that will change my life forever.

The 27th started out fine. As \I went in for my appointment I had the opportunity to be photographed with a genuine Olympic torch, That, however was where the fun stopped. Within half-an-hour I was being  told that no further treatment was possible, and I was going onto palliative care.

Don't know what else to say.

like

9 comments:

  1. This photo was posted on 9th August 2012.
    Sadly Keith passed away on 15th August 2012. I am proud to say that he was my brother. He will be sorely missed by all the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So so sorry to hear this. I was friends with Keith on twitter and exchanged many posts. My brother also has rectal cancer which has spread to his lungs. Sending you heartfelt sympathy at this sad time. RIP Keith xx

      Delete
    2. So sorry to hear this i too exchanged tweets with Keith on Twitter he was lovely and i am very sorry to hear of his passing my thoughts with his family!

      Delete
  2. Was so very sad to hear this news. Keith was such a gentleman I felt he was a real Twitter friend
    I wish I had met him sooner. My thoughts are with Marie and the rest of his family during this very sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just heard this sad sad news - I only knew Keith through Twitter but we shared the odd laugh, manly hug and talked about cameras. I am totally floored by this news. He was such a gentleman and will be missed by everyone whose life he touched.
    RIP Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad to hear of Keith's passing. Such a friendly guy. I loved all his photos. RIP xx god bless Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad to hear of Keith's passing. A true gentleman who offered me kind words and gentle laughter when I needed it. May you rest in peace my Twitter friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ffkhekmxvjsmqbicksmfjkvlsmwlgkdmobpdlobpsmsmlbp
    vkkekkckskemlvoclpvllv

    ReplyDelete
  7. ddjvksjncvn kskmwkcodmskcosmdmkpsmwmlglefllmdlllcksovdlpsmmskcpnwnfpdmdjcodkgskkj

    ReplyDelete